Sunday 6 March 2011

Rock ‘n’ roll (or not) – 5th March 2011


Diff fixing kit arrived during the week along with the cycle wings, brake hoses, front anti-roll bar plus Sigma build manual. Installation of roll bar with Jamie before football on Saturday morning had to be abandoned when both plastic balls cracked whilst being tightened to the anti-roll bar. I’ll request replacements from Caterham on Monday.

Adam & I spent over 2 hours attempting to fit the diff, however, you could either get the top mounting bolt in or the bottom ones, but not both! Even with gentle persuasion from a rubber mallet. Spacing washes kept raining down on me whilst I struggled underneath the car to get the bottom bolts to line up. Decided to give up on this for today & re-think my approach.

Fitted front brake callipers & one hose so at least I felt we’d achieved something today. Missing washers for second hose so need to ring Caterham for these.

© 2011 Chris Jobling - All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment